Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francescoasaro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Compatibility between Qlikview Desktop 12.10 and Server 11.20 SR12

Hi all,

this is a bit hard to explain. When we upgraded our clients to 12.10 and we started editing our qlikview documents with it, we noticed that reloading those documents with Server 11.20 broke them. In the sense that every object included in a container completely vanishes when the document is reloaded by QMC. Now we have an "Empty" instead of the actual object.

Is this a known issue? Because this is very worrying if confirmed.

img.PNG

Labels (2)
5 Replies
william_denholm
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are also experiencing this issue. Did you find a resolution?

marcus_sommer

It's recommended to use the same release within the server and the desktop client - a downgrade from the desktop client should be easier as an upgrade from your server unless there are further reasons for an upgrade.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.   I tried rebuilding the container in V12 but its still empty when displayed in V11.  Next I'll find out if a minimized copy of the object outside the container helps.   Apparently objects in containers don't exist.      

a day later...

I tried this on a couple containers and it seems to work.   Those containers that had the object minimized outside the container show content, and those that don't have objects outside do not show content.   Its like V11 can't find the object inside the container unless it also exists outside of the container when the dashboard was saved in V12.  I made sure that the object ID's from inside to outside are identical.     

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Same issues here, but fixed by using 12.1 SR 4

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

confirmed your fix using 12.1 SR4

thanks for the post Andy.