cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnkuJarvis_1094
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compatibility of qlikview server file in windows server 2012 R2

I have this file QlikViewServer_x64Setup which I downloaded with filter - Windows x64(64 bit). Now I get to know that installation of qlikview server is to be done on windows server 2012 R2. Does this installation file is compatible for windows server 2012 R2. I have no idea about this please help me.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnkuJarvis_1094,

What version of QlikView Server is this installation file for? If you're not sure, right-click on the .exe and choose Properties > Details tab. This is important as some of the earlier versions of the QlikView Server installer .exe were separated by operating system versions.

If this QlikView Server installer file is for the most recent versions, you should check the QlikView online help > System Requirements for OS version compatibility.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnkuJarvis_1094,

What version of QlikView Server is this installation file for? If you're not sure, right-click on the .exe and choose Properties > Details tab. This is important as some of the earlier versions of the QlikView Server installer .exe were separated by operating system versions.

If this QlikView Server installer file is for the most recent versions, you should check the QlikView online help > System Requirements for OS version compatibility.

AnkuJarvis_1094
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the response. I have installed the QlikView server in premises and it works great. But still there is some issue related to licence. As we have local network and Internet is not accessible to servers. Due to our security restriction im not sure if our security team would allow us to let it connect to the internet.

Is there any offline way to install the license key?

HELP ME 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@AnkuJarvis_1094,

Have a look at Qlik Support article "How to license a QlikView or Qlik Sense server without Internet access". It should have the information you need.

AnkuJarvis_1094
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

You are a life saver. Thanks for quick response. However I was hoping to get more information about offline Installation. I have downloaded the file QlikViewOfflineService. After installing QlikView server and doing licence activation using .LEF file, Do I have to run QlikViewOfflineService for running system offline. 

What will the scenario which I should follow for running QlikView server offline. Should I install QlikView server first then licence activation and then offline file installation. I don't know how to execute execute offline and configuration which need to be done.

At end I should be able to run QlikView server offline with licence activated.

Your answers have helped me a lot and look forward to know details regarding this issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@AnkuJarvis_1094,

The QlikView Offline Service is only used for iOS based devices. See the Qlik Support article "Details on QlikView Server Offline Service & Offline Client" for more details.