Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EI_mickael
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Compatibility with Windows 10?

Hello,

we are Qlikview partners and we will soon be moving to Windows 10. The installed version of Qlikview is: 11.0.11SR2
My question: Is this version compatible with Windows 10? If so, would it be possible to obtain a list of known problems I may encounter with this evolution?

I thank you in advance for this.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That appears to be a very old, unsupported, version from 2012. It's hard to say if it would work ok with WIn 10. I recommend upgrading to a later version or checking with QT Support. 

Another possibility is that you've posted an incorrect release number. Can you double check the release number in the Help, About box?

-Rob

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @EI_mickael ,

FYI - Support for Windows 10 in QlikView was introduced in the 11.20 SR14 build version. The most current version of the 11.20 track is SR19, so would recommend that you upgrade to at least this version. It includes support for newer operating systems, web browsers and includes numerous functionality improvements and numerous bug fixes.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That appears to be a very old, unsupported, version from 2012. It's hard to say if it would work ok with WIn 10. I recommend upgrading to a later version or checking with QT Support. 

Another possibility is that you've posted an incorrect release number. Can you double check the release number in the Help, About box?

-Rob

EI_mickael
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you very much for your answer. I just did the checks, it is version 11.0.11440.0 SR2. I attach in screenshot

Qlikview.png

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think you could'nt install this on Windows 10.

In QV 11 there are two install files, one (X64) for Windows 7 und lower, the other (Windows8andUp) for Windows 8 and 10.

The next problem, if using IE PlugIn is, that Windows 10 has no OCX, it is available sind 12.1 I think.

If you have a valid maintenace, you can upgrade for free, ask your dealer for software.

Regards

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, that clears up the release number. That indeed is a very old release from Nov 2012.  I would plan for an upgrade.

-Rob

Albert_Candelario

Hi,
Indeed, you should plan an upgrade to a newer version. Let us know if any concern.
Cheers!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @EI_mickael ,

FYI - Support for Windows 10 in QlikView was introduced in the 11.20 SR14 build version. The most current version of the 11.20 track is SR19, so would recommend that you upgrade to at least this version. It includes support for newer operating systems, web browsers and includes numerous functionality improvements and numerous bug fixes.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!