Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdecaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Configurable ODBC for DSC throwing Oracle truncate error

Trying to create a new Configurable ODBC connection in the Directory Service Connector.  A new Oracle database has QV_USERS and QV_USERGROUP materialized views we need to use for customer authorization. These are exact copies from the previous database, also Oracle.

The 2 databases are both Oracle 12 C (current is version 12.1.0.2.0, new is version 12.2.0.1.0).  In trying to have user authorization read from the new connection, our ODBC connection throws an Oracle error -- "ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated."

We were explicitly putting in the following values in the Directory Service Connector's Configurable ODBC:

- table db name

- groups table db name

- override connection string

As well as using the ODBC connection setup on the server on which the DSC was running. 

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you read that data from a SQL query using a query browser, or loading data into QlikView, does the error appear for those tables?
Additionally, here you are some Qlik Community posts with similar issues:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/QV-64-vs-QB-32-bit-problems-in-SQL-Selec/td-p...
mdecaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel,

When I query those tables via the IDEs I typically use, there is no error on querying, and we I have tested querying the two tables (actually MVs) in a dashboard load.  I did see that we typically use OLEDB connections in our dashboards, while we were setting up the Custom DSC with an ODBC.

I tested a ODBC 64-bit to load these tables, and data loaded fine into a test dashboard.  I also tested a "force 32-bit" ODBC connection, and data also loaded fine.  Was expecting the ODBC connection type to be the issue, but I was testing locally, but it could be a driver version issue on our production server hosting the DSC service?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mike, I would expect you are on the correct track with the Oracle driver version running on the server if things are working on your machine etc.  Oracle is pretty particular about connector versions etc., hopefully you already got things sorted, but I just wanted to confirm you were on the right track.  If you did get it sorted, it would be great if you can confirm what you did and then mark that as the solution using the Accept as Solution button, that way others will know exactly what to try if they run into this as well.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.