Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohammedsleem
Partner - Contributor III

Configure QlikView Publisher only on a separate server

Dears,

With one of our customers. They need to have a fresh installation of QlikView 11. There will be two servers:

1. Server 1 --> for QlikView
  2. Server 2 --> for QlikView Publisher only.

what I know in order to achieve that, while installing QlikView on Server 1, I need to only install the below profiles:

1. QlikView Server
  2. Webserver
  3. Management Console

And on "Server 2" I need to install profile "Reload Distribution Engine" only.

What I am not not sure of is the configuration required in QlikView Management Console in order to license and configure QlikView publisher on "Server 2" and QlikView in "Server 1".

Would you please let in that.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Wherever you install the QlikView services, configure them in QMC. As soon as the QlikView Management Service knows exactly where these services are running, you will be able to license the ones that do need a license to operate.

Configuring the location of the different services can be done in the System->Setup tab by selecting the corresponding service category (yellow folder) in the tree view and adding a new service by pressing the green + button on the far right, or by editing an existing service line (General tab)

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mohammedsleem
Author

Dears,

anyone have an answer to my query. please advice.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You would be better off to put the Management Console on the machine running the Distribution service.

The reason is that the QMC interfaces with the QDS more than the QVS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi, I would recommend below method.

Machine1 : QVS , QVWS, DSC

Machine2: QMS, QDS

Not applicable

While installation select appropriate the services on each machine.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Wherever you install the QlikView services, configure them in QMC. As soon as the QlikView Management Service knows exactly where these services are running, you will be able to license the ones that do need a license to operate.

Configuring the location of the different services can be done in the System->Setup tab by selecting the corresponding service category (yellow folder) in the tree view and adding a new service by pressing the green + button on the far right, or by editing an existing service line (General tab)

Best,

Peter