Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsharma1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Configure Qlikview Server with LDAP

Hi,

What are the steps to configure Qlikview Server with LDAP authentication?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would highly recommend you consider attending the QlikView Server Publisher training course for starters, as that will cover all of the basics of the environment:

https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-training

Next I would be sure you have reviewed all the associated Help content in the QMC pages, that link is on the upper right corner of every page of the QMC and is context sensitive, that will explain all of the settings etc.  

If you want Windows Authentication and Authorization, you set the QVWS resource Authentication tab settings to Always, NTLM and Default Login Page, and then the QVS Security tab setting in the Authorization needs to be set to NTFS.  If you want to be able to browser for users/groups to assign to distributions, you would also need to configure the LDAP in the DSC resource too.

If you meant using a Configurable LDAP directory service provider in the DSC, that is going to require QVS to run in DMS Authorization mode and the QVWS configuration would need to be done differently too, as you would need a custom login page to handle the Authentication in that case and would likely need to use Header Injection.  

Here is a link to an Article regarding Customer Authentication that may be helpful too:

Customer Authentication 

That is about all of which I can think to point you in the correct direction.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vibhuadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Folks,

I have mentioned the default path in LDAP but I do not see list of users and groups in Management Console

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would highly recommend you consider attending the QlikView Server Publisher training course for starters, as that will cover all of the basics of the environment:

https://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlikview-training

Next I would be sure you have reviewed all the associated Help content in the QMC pages, that link is on the upper right corner of every page of the QMC and is context sensitive, that will explain all of the settings etc.  

If you want Windows Authentication and Authorization, you set the QVWS resource Authentication tab settings to Always, NTLM and Default Login Page, and then the QVS Security tab setting in the Authorization needs to be set to NTFS.  If you want to be able to browser for users/groups to assign to distributions, you would also need to configure the LDAP in the DSC resource too.

If you meant using a Configurable LDAP directory service provider in the DSC, that is going to require QVS to run in DMS Authorization mode and the QVWS configuration would need to be done differently too, as you would need a custom login page to handle the Authentication in that case and would likely need to use Header Injection.  

Here is a link to an Article regarding Customer Authentication that may be helpful too:

Customer Authentication 

That is about all of which I can think to point you in the correct direction.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.