Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Confusion around the use of Objects Client Page Generator in QV 8.5

I am confused about the use of the Objects Client Page Generator feature in QV 8.5.

I have deployed a number of dashboards using Publisher and the AccessPoint portal. I came across the Objects Client Page Generator technology while researching how to provide an HTML page "snap shot" of a dashboard that can be accessed by "clients" without having to consume QVS resources through loading a QVW file. I was looking for a solution for our "Operations Systems" group who needs to simply monitor the dashboard (no interaction capabilities ever required) but have it automatically refresh every 15 minutes. My thought was to have QV produce an HTML page that would be called by a wrapper html page which included a refresh tag in the header to reload at a particular interval.

Would this be the proper use of the Objects Client Page Generator feature - producing an HTML page that would be "reloaded" in a wrapper page?

The major differences I have found between loading from the AccessPoint vs an HTML file is that the refresh from the AccessPoint is is a reload of the application file itself which consumes QVS resources. I also noted that the Objects Client Page Generator setup only allows pushing of an HTML file to a single location whereas using the Publisher and AccessPoint allows for multiple AccessPoint distribution and security control.

If anyone can better explain how they are using the Objects Client Page Generator in QV 8.5 it would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,
I am asking myself the same questions as you, did you find any answer ?
Thanks

Not applicable
Author

oxioFRT -

I never received a direct response on this issue but when speaking with QT Tech Support they confirmed that this should be the approach for users who need only a static view of the dashboard (no interaction required).

The problem is, there is a bug in the Generator code that doesn't supply the controls to the HTML files - in fact the Generator doesn't produce the necessary HTML files at all.

Here is a response I received from QT tech support when I filed an incident:

" Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

You recent support case as described below has been confirmed by our QA department as a bug, ID 26047.

Bug #26047: Objects CLient Page Generator creating QlikX, the objects (Controls) are not seeing in ActiveX from IE browser

Please note that although every effort is made to fix bugs QlikTech reserves the right to delay and/or remove the fix at any time.

A follow-up call from my tech rep said they were looking into creating a patch but that was a month ago and I have been told in the past that they are not supplying patches for 8.5 any longer. I am coming to realize this bug will not be fixed with 8.5 - we are trying to upgrade to 9.x at this time anyway so I have dropped pursuit of a fix.

Hope this helps you from pursuing functionality that will probably never work with 8.5

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

dkern wrote:
I came across the Objects Client Page Generator technology while researching how to provide an HTML page "snap shot" of a dashboard that can be accessed by "clients" without having to consume QVS resources through loading a QVW file.

This is not entirely true. Objects Client Page Generator will help you generate the framework of HTML pages to build a layout (mainly for the AJAXZFC client). This can be used as a template if you further want to design your layout. The QVW-file must still be accessible through QVS (the HTML pages will not contain any data in itself) and will consume resource when opened.

I also noted that the Objects Client Page Generator setup only allows pushing of an HTML file to a single location whereas using the Publisher and AccessPoint allows for multiple AccessPoint distribution and security control.

You can place the generated HTML files in any location(s) on your web server, as long as you also make sure the required js files for AJAXZFC are available (installed with QVS) and the corresponding QVW file is published on the QVS.