Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect to Server OK, Negotiations Timed Out

I installed QVS 8.5, changed Document Folder in tab Folders. And I can see the documents list, but when I clik on it, it show me ****.qvw is being opened. After several seconds, it showed me "Connect to Server OK, Negotiations Timed Out".

What's that problem? How to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I've seen a similar issue which only seems to happen with 8.5. Do a full uninstall of Server and Publisher and delete this entire registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings 7. Then do a full reinstall and that should do the trick. Don't worry: this won't effect your Repository so all your jobs and tasks will remain intact. You will, however, need to recreate all Server and Publisher settings.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Please could you tell me whether you managed to fix this problem as I am having the same issue?

Thanks,

Ian

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I've seen a similar issue which only seems to happen with 8.5. Do a full uninstall of Server and Publisher and delete this entire registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings 7. Then do a full reinstall and that should do the trick. Don't worry: this won't effect your Repository so all your jobs and tasks will remain intact. You will, however, need to recreate all Server and Publisher settings.

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

I can't not reproduce this issue for the time being, so thanks for your information.