Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connected server OK, negotiations timed out

Hello,

Some times the users are not able to access the QlikView document in the IE via the AccessPoint through wireless connectivity. When the users are accessing the QlikView document through the laptop,the qlikview is prompting for the "Connect to the server"

When the user clicks on the connect button, they are getting the following error:

Connected server OK, negotiations timed out Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to server OK, No reply received.

We have trid to decrease the accesspoint timeout settings. But nothing is working.

The users who are connected to the cable are able to access the QlikView document.

Any valuable suggestions on this. Iam using QlikView 8.5 on windows 2003 64 Bit.

The qlikview service is running under the publisher execution Service account.

13 Replies
hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

is the QV server using the same domain of the user;s network?

we had the same problem of latency and was due to this cause. My QV server has his own domain and is different from our office domain but....i created the same USERID for both domains and this was causing the latency.

I Hope this help you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hector,

Yes the QV server is using the same domain of the user's network when trying to access from the laptop

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

oops, seems that the problem is from other nature, I hope someone help you...

Not applicable
Author

Hi, have you been able to solve this issue? Experiencing something similar... some users using the IE plugin get a connect to server window and after that the message connected to server ok, negotiations timed out.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I have the same Problem here with QV 9. Client to Server - not browser

Someone can help?

Not applicable
Author

is the 4747 port opened on both client and server side?

if it is not the case the first connection will fail and automatically switch to tunneling, which will also fail if it is not properly configured in the QlikView server

Or
MVP
MVP

jgeorge wrote:
is the 4747 port opened on both client and server side?
if it is not the case the first connection will fail and automatically switch to tunneling, which will also fail if it is not properly configured in the QlikView server<div></div>

Unfortunately, tunneling will usually fail even if it is configured correctly - I've yet to get it working properly from outside of my organizational LAN.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

We have the same error when there is not enough free physical memory on our server to open new document Big Smile

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I just want share that copying the file Authenticate.aspx from C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin did fix my issue.

I'm running QlikView 10 and I have all my server setup in my North America domain, which users can access and lease a license without an issue. However, the users from the Europe domain experienced the issue from the original post.

I hope this helps.