cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Control M to load QVW - ctrl m reports failure but QV still running fine

Hi all

I am using control M to reload my ETL QVW's from the source systems.  The extract and transformation seems to be working fine but the final report QVW has a problem specific to control M

The reload step is running fine and i can monitor that in QMC but the control M receives an event and end the job as NOTOK

does anyone had this problem in the past ?

Does the memory and CPU usage has anything to do with sending an event?

i have attached the control M log.

i am not sure if this is specific to qlikview but i would like to check with the experts here if they have seen this problem in the past

thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe there is no issue with Qlikview. First try to run the Batch file manually. The job was success it is issue in CtrlM scheduler. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found the answer.

The QMSEDX.exe when passed with the task name waits for the status after it triggers the reload.

It waits for a minute and then thinks that something has gone wrong and tries to terminate itself. in the process sends a signal to CTRL M saying that the job failed.

This can be traced back by setting the verbosity to 5 if some one see the same problem. some thing like the below

QMSEDX.exe -task="FILENAME.QVW" -password="XXXX" -verbosity=5

The soution to this problem would be to upgrade your QMSEDX.exe to 2.0.3 where the developers have fixed this problem by retrying to check after few minutes and the job is now expectedly not sending any signal to external triggers like control M.

Hope this helps.

Krishna

Not applicable
Author

Hi Krishna,

Would it be possible to share any guide or the code to trigger Qlikview tasks from CTRL M

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tirumala ,

i do not have a perfect document to help you with the steps. i think with a bit of patience , this should work with the scratch pad notes below.

first step:

control m should trigger a batch script on your qlikview server.

on the qlikview side,

download th QMSEDX ( check if the EDX is supported now )

QMSEDX Enhanced

setup a folder and call the batch or command script with like this

E:\Qlikview_EDX_JOBS\QMSEDX_CommandLine\new\QMSEDX.exe -task="EDX Global Extract Run/Global_Extract_QVD_Generator.qvw" -password="1234"

make sure , you are setting up this reload as a EDX (External event) in QMC and set your password 1234

set up your folders accessible (not browsable though) in QMC.

also if the QV server doesn't have controlm agent, install that too.

check permissions of your folders too

once you setup all steps above, you should be able to trigger the script from controlm

give us a shout if this is not working.

note - try this trigger with a quickly reloable document

all the best