cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadesims
Contributor III
Contributor III

Controlling document unload to manage server memory

When a document is loaded under AccessPoint I understand that it remains in memory for a certain period of time after which it is "unloaded". What determines when a document is unloaded? Our server will occasionally use virtual memory (critically beyond parameters) and we would like to be able to unload documents which are not actively being used to free up memory so users continue to have the fast experience to which they have become accustomed.

Can I accomplish this by reducing a parameter that controls the length of time a document remains in memory?

Is there some other mechanism that will automatically unload documents that are not being used? I would prefer to unload documents rather than restart the QVS service so that users will not lose selections and other work.

- Wade

1 Reply
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The document timeout is the setting that you want to look. This starts a timer when the last user logs out of the document. When the time is reached QVS unloads the document. The default setting for this is 8 hour. It is set in minutes.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.