Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

alkesh_sharma
Contributor II

Copying Final application to a new Server.

Hello All,

Please help me in the below scenario.

Scenario:

All the reloads, from Stage-1 to Final application, is reloading on server1.

Final applications are published through server2.

We manually copy final applications from server 1 to server 2 after they are reloaded.

Requirement.

Some automated process from which the applications copy to server2 after they are finished reloading from server1

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Copying Final application to a new Server.

Assuming you have a Publisher (your question was tagged "publisher/server"), let your final task distribute the resulting documents to a directory on server 2. In QMC->Documents, select your task and configure either Task->Distribute->Distribute to QlikView Server or Task->Distribute->Distribute to Folder (use an UNC path specifying a share on server 2)

4 Replies

You could use a scheduled task in Windows ...

Assuming you have a Publisher (your question was tagged "publisher/server"), let your final task distribute the resulting documents to a directory on server 2. In QMC->Documents, select your task and configure either Task->Distribute->Distribute to QlikView Server or Task->Distribute->Distribute to Folder (use an UNC path specifying a share on server 2)

alkesh_sharma
Contributor II

Thankyou for the suggestion.

Could you please let me know how I can schedule a task in windows as batch file will not do the copying if its not executed through Admin rights.

Thanks

Employee
Employee

HI,

Peter is correct if you have publisher.

Bill

Community Browser