Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Could not connect to Qlikview Command Center Service

Hi Guys,

I know that there are threads but nothing helps me.

I have this Problem suddenly. I did not Upgrade Qlikview and actually before few days gave the Publisher License Key. After that until today everything worked well. Today suddenly I see this on the QEMC. Any Ideas how to solve it?

error loading image

Thanks

Sravan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

As I cannot see anythjing in Setup I could not do what you suggested, The only method is to change in QMC. For anyone who have such problem in future will be helpful.

Thanks

Sravan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sravan,

Test the address http://kfgqliapp1t:4710/qtcc.asmx in a browser. It should give you an error about not resolving the DNS name, authorization required or page not found. If the error is about resolving DNS name test http://localhost:4710/qtcc.asmx or use the IP to see if it works. You will know it works when it sends a Hello World message with the current date and time. If it does work with localhost or the IP go to System and change the location of your Command Center to localhost instead on the computer name. (Sorry, I have version 10 in my laptop and I can't tell you exactly where the configuration is in version 9).

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Karl,

Thankyou for your Response.With Local host it works and gives Hello World with the current Date and Time. where can I change the location of the Command Center to localhost??

In QEMC, I dont see any services or settings. That is my problem.

I hope anyone can answer the Question.

Thanks

Sravan

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Without the Command Center up and running you can't see the other services, but you can change the address of the Commend Center itself. Go to System->Setup->Command Center and click on the General tab. You can then change the address to localhost and don't forget to hit the apply button. (Sorry about the image quality. I copied it from the version 9 SR7 QVS Reference Manual page 136)

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

As I cannot see anythjing in Setup I could not do what you suggested, The only method is to change in QMC. For anyone who have such problem in future will be helpful.

Thanks

Sravan

nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If anyone still having this issue - Here is one more thing you can try which worked for us- Add the Qlikview Service User to QlikView Administrator group and try restarting all QV services.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Also resolved issue by adding user to Qlikview Administrators/Administrators and restarting