Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a button to Reload manually from Web Access

Hi Everybody,

I want to create a button on a Sheet that end-user via Web Browser can click to reload data from client side. Can I do it?

Thanks,

Tai.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

add an action to your button.

see the image below:

Capture.PNG

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. I know that way. But when I viewed document at web mode (run time) in client's web browser, the button didn't work.

Thanks,

Tai.

Not applicable
Author

This is Exactlly my problem , i figured out that the actions in web base mode are not like actions in desktop mode , in order to reload the document from the web browser , have to create macro that runs folowing class properties

(ActiveDocument.DoReload 2,false,false )   and then set the action on run macro , I have done this but my button is still not working. in my case script use of 2 input box for geting date of user(interaction with user) and this input boxes fills my varibales that are used for defining Where clause in SQl but i relized that my variables in scrip do not set by the data that i inserted into input box through the web browser.In addition we dont have reload action in the External action category , the only thing that is helpfull in order to reloading document , is run macro . my document has worked perfect on desktop and web view mode. pleas help us in this case and hold our hands . attachment is image of button properties in web view mode .

Thanks

Nasim

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi ,

You can try EDX.

Not applicable
Author

Directy there is no way to do something like this, but you can do "reload" button on the other way.

1. Install IIS Server + CGI and PHP on the same which includes QV Server - but of course you'll need to do it on another port than 80.

2. Configure IIS by changing anonymous access from IUSR to Admin or another username on computer who has privileges to run programs.

3. Build website on new IIS server which will include exec function to batch (from point 5).

4. Download psexec

5. In batch file referee to psexec which will include command to reload report as admin user

6. On report add reload button which will referee to new website.

7. At the end. On new web site you can add automatic redirection to QV reports.

And it's all - works perfect :-).

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

barteklabno, I didn't get it.

Will the user be able to reload the document from the QlikView Access Point in the end?

Could you please give more details on how to implement it?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

this way is not correct and wont work for web mod, basically that is not correct to give the reload control to the user in the web mod (working from the browser with user Cal's) becaus perhaps someone else is working with the same dashboard in while of runing  reload and it gonna making change on the other resualte . In the QlikView With paper you can find the architecture of qlikview server and its not a part of that.

and regarding the reloading from the browser Internal Module need to created but again that is not recommended for all the clients.

for creating the dashboards all the data need to load into qlik view and to avoid of dumping or loading too much data into file you need to figure out about the data architecture for the report by going through Your scenario for the report and bye scheduling reloads and partial reload we can automated the reporting process .

finally let me tell that I was looking for a way to do that  at first but I figured out that Developing Concept in Qlik view to extract data from data warehouse is differnt with other developing plat forms like visual Studio.

Regards,

Nasim

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We all have different needs. I do need to capture some variable inputs from the end-user. I can do it either way, saving it or reloading it from the web view.