Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a powerpoint document from QV and send it by email

Hello everyone,

Ia m going to create a powerpoint document and paste in it some objects from Qlikview. With the OCX component, the powerpoint should be updated each time the QV application is reloaded.

What I would like to do is that once the powerpoint is also refreshed, to send it automatically by email.

Is this possible to do it with a macro perhaps ?

Or perhaps I should create the document in a marco and then send it ?

Thank you for your help

Laura

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Laura,

I did something with VBA at a time, but that's a while ago. I'm not good at it, plus in the new Office, MS has taken out the recorder, making it harder to learn or refresh your knowledge ...

I think, however, that it would probably be easier to create a macro that does both

- refreshes the ppt and

- sends it

than to have the macro triggered by your refreshing the ppt.

<=> I don't know how that QlikkView thing will react to that, try out if the Qlikview_elements in that ppt are also refreshed when you do that.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply DataNibbler.

when you say create a macro, are you talking about create a macro in my powerpoint document or in the QV application ?

Is it possible to send a powerpoint document by email from Qlikview ?

Thanks again

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Laura,

I mean a macro in PPT (in VBA, which is common to all Office applications). The order of execution would thus be

1) trigger macro

2) macro refreshes ppt_file -> QlikView_elements in ppt_file are refreshed, too

3) macro sends refreshed ppt_file via email

Best regards,

DataNibbler

I think QlikView has some Sendmail functionality, but I think by default QlikView cannot create ppt files.