Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emyemyemy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create one qlikViewfile server copy and make other laptop/desktop connect to it with out making connections or install qlikview in it

I created my Qlikview file in my 2008 R2 server .

I can connect and open  same file from other laptop/desktop but only if I set the  necessary connections and qlikview should be installed

I want to open my file from my laptop or any others  with out  making the connections or install the qliqview !

Is that possible or is there a qlikViewFile.Exe  to use like in  other  APPs ,or is there a way to get a least  an image about the real qlikviewfile to read only  !

I hope it's clear ,

Thank you for any help and attention .

PS:  - I'm using MySQL Connector

- A button  to show my qliqviewfile set in C# APP

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think what you want isn't possible and the nearest approach to your description would be to make the applications available within the access point and then you could access them with each modern browser (depending on your used security directly or after a VPN login to your intranet) - and of course you will need a valid licence for it.

- Marcus

emyemyemy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you I will try that and  return to you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no free QlikView Document Reader (like for example the free Acrobat Reader). Every user that wants access to a QlikView BI document needs to have a client license, either for QV Desktop or for the AccessPoint.

The AccessPoint is also part of a Qlik product called QlikView Server. The server exists in different versions, all tailored to match specific requirements and situations. QlikView server is intended to serve QlikView documents in ReadOnly mode to multiple networked end-users using nothing more than a standard browser.

QlikView server is only available in licensed editions (no PE version).