Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhirajkhodade
Contributor III
Contributor III

Creating prj Folder

I am able to create -prj folder after saving(actually save does not work on my old version of client I need to SaveAs the qvw) .qvw document file.

I want to push only -prj folder to my repository and not whole qvw which is big in size.

And while deploying this -prj folder to server or while pulling it to new machine I will need to recreate the qvw from that -prj folder I tried below things but it does not work - 

1. Created empty abc-prj folder in same directory as abc.qvw
  2. Saved abc.qvw (SaveAs in my case b'coz of old version of Qlik client i.e. v11.20.12451.0 SR7 64-bit Edition (x64))
  3. Now abc-prj folder is filled with all the xml files
  4. Now I deleted abc.qvw as I need to recreate it from abc-prj folder
  5. And created new QlikView Document by using Mouse Right click  menu and named it as abc.qvw
  6. Now I opened this new blank abc.qvw in desktop client and reloaded it but it finished reloading in a sec it means it did not reloaded my scripts like original qvw at all.
  7. I am not able to get back my original qvw no data and not even a skeleton of original qvw.

I want to recreate qvw from-prj folder b'coz I don't want to commit my 500MB huge qvw to source control. By using -prj folder I will be commit files which are much small in size.

And I am using licence copy of Qlik View client. Mine is leased licence.

QlikLicence.PNG

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try in Step 5 creating a new document in QlikView, but give it another name eg MyApp.qvw.
Then close QlikView and rename the file from windows to abc.qvw.
Open the app in QlikView and reload the script.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try in Step 5 creating a new document in QlikView, but give it another name eg MyApp.qvw.
Then close QlikView and rename the file from windows to abc.qvw.
Open the app in QlikView and reload the script.
dhirajkhodade
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lisa_P Thanks for quick reply.
And thanks a lot for the solution it worked 🙂
But is there any way I can create empty MyApp.qvw using some powershell script or batch command in step 5, b'coz I want to automate this using jenkins/script.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The approach presented by @Lisa_P   will help you, both on older and newer versions of QlikView Desktop.

Older QlikView desktops will overwrite prj files during the first save when using your approach. Later QlikView Desktops versions will prompt if you want to overwrite the prj or not. 

When creating an qvw from scratch using a newer version I usually do these steps.

• Create a new empty qvw file named as my prj folder.
  • Open it in QlikView (it will be completely empty )
  • Storing it using save as... (F12)
  • Press ok to overwrite file
  • Press NOT ok to overwrite prj files
  • Close the QlikView application
  • Reopen the QlikView application.

dhirajkhodade
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for reply @Vegar
Unfortunately we have license of old version of qlik and it does not ask to overwrite prj files 😞