Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cutting short dimension name in chart and text object

Hi, I'm having a problem with Qlikview cutting short the dimension name in charts ( a bar chart). Initially, I thought that this was because there wasn't enough room, so used CTRL-SHIFT to create more room. However, creating enough room doesn't help.

The odd thing is that it always cuts off the last three characters, however long the dimension is, whether long or short.

I tried creating a text box, and that cuts it short as well. However, when I view the data, it's clearly fine.

Has anyone else seen this, and/or found a remedy?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, I've worked this one out. The text field that I read this from had three extra spaces at the end. That must have confused Qlikview somehow. I removed the extra spaces from the input file and that has fixed it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you provide a sample of you application where this behaviour is happening?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, this is what it looks like. It's just the "legend" from a simple bar chart. I've left out the numbers and charts from the screen shot, as it's sensitive data, but they don't add any relevant information. As you can see, even the shorter entries are cut-off three characters before the end.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, I've worked this one out. The text field that I read this from had three extra spaces at the end. That must have confused Qlikview somehow. I removed the extra spaces from the input file and that has fixed it.