Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

DMS Authorization and Active Directory

Hi,

I'm trying to manage the security of the reports in the QV access point.

What i'd want to do is to create some custom groups using DMS Authorization and fill them with existing Active Directory users;

then i want to assign to these newly created groups the rights to access their directories / reports inside the QVS root folder.

Despite the fact the request may seem rather simple i can't find complete documentation and / or detailed informations on how to do this.

Can anyone suggest me a step by step guide?

I'm running QVS ver. 10

Thank you,

Claudio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You can't add AD users to a custom group, you can only add custom users. And even that only if you have a publisher license.

In my opinion, not sure if it's worth for much, it's the simplest most annoying feature missing from QlikView.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,
It's easier to place the documents in separate folders with appropriate rights, and then use Mounted Folders in the QMC. The users will than see only the documents they have rights to...

/@Ungvall

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You can't add AD users to a custom group, you can only add custom users. And even that only if you have a publisher license.

In my opinion, not sure if it's worth for much, it's the simplest most annoying feature missing from QlikView.