Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

DMS Authorization

Hi ,

What are situation where we can apply DMS authourization. also could someone differenciate between between them,

i know basic difference but i want to know in details

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I would say if you want make use of SSO then DMS authorization is used.

If you want QlikView authorization and authenticating system, then DMS is used.

Hope it help

Regards

ASHFAQ

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks for reply.

what is the advantage over NTFS authourization.

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

NTFS is totally different than DMS.

I would give you a real time example.

Let us assume that you need to authenticate a Users/Groups that doesn't belong to forest of your Server. let us assume that its Tivoli/LDAP.

In such circumstances DMS is used for SSO authentication.

Hope it help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

NTFS means that QlikView will not handle any authentication with Active Directory, that is, a user will be able to log in to the AccessPoint as long as it has permissions in the Active Directory, regardless they have access to any document or even license assigned.

The user likewise will see documents as long as he has NTFS permissions on the file, meaning that even if the user has a license assigned, if he does not have NTFS permissions he will not see the document.

So in short, if you have Active Directory as your only way to authenticate and authorize users (IT is going to add or remove users to AD groups) then use NTFS authentication.

Miguel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This might be a good place to bring this up again. There is only one time that QlikView will do Authentication and that is when you are using Custom Users. QlikView only handles authorization.

Below is a link to a good blog on this subject.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/01/07/authentication-and-authorization

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.