Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klaus_kapero
Contributor II
Contributor II

DOC CAL Users should see only licensed previews on Access Point

Access  Point Question:

Dear Community Users,

Actual situation: Users can see ALL document previews (or document names). Users can open only these documents for which they have a license (but they want to open the other ones also, because they see that they are existing 🙂  ).

Now I'm searching for the following settings:

1. Document Users with a DOC CAL should see only the document previews, for which they have a document license (in the "browsable" folders). Not all the others.

2. Developer Users with a Named CAL can see ALL documents and can also open ALL documents. Actual I have a condition in each sheet to manage the authorization via
"if OSUser()='XYZ',  but this is much work. I would prefer a way via external Excel file. Or with section access, but I have no experience so far.

3. If later on we use concurrent licences, how can I manage then the authorization access to each document and inside to each sheet effective ?

4. You can also send me a link to a documentation.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

3 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

If you want to manage what document end users see in the AP, use NTFS or Section Access.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/05/26/section-access

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It will be manged by publisher automatically.

If you don't have publisher then you need to set NTFS Security at QlikView file itself.

Regards

ASHFAQ

klaus_kapero
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Here ist the solution:

Change Settings in QMC System Server Security Sheet to DMS:

Then you can manage for each document in the Document Authorization Sheet the Named Users.

Only listed users now see the Application Preview Icon on the Access Point.

This question is answered now. Thank you.