Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

Data in portal differs to desktop

Hi,

Hoping you can help with something which is driving me to distraction.

I have a data difference between an app as viewed in the portal and the exact same app in the same environment when opened in desktop.

In one app I have a particular field which does not contain any data when viewed via the portal, meaning that an expression is returning the wrong result.  When the same app is opened in the desktop and reloaded from exactly the same datasource (a qvd file previously generated which contains multiple rows of data) the data is correct and the expression works. 

I have a similar issue in a seperate app (same scenario).

Any ideas for things to look for?

Operating on Qlikview Nov 2017 SR 7 12.20.2080

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you have a Section Access table in the script with an OMIT that is effective when you are on the server. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you have a Section Access table in the script with an OMIT that is effective when you are on the server. 

-Rob

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks - why just one field though?

The field with the changing data shouldn't be affected by the section access.

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry - neglected to mention that not all of the data is necessarily omitted.

I have re-saved the app with the Data reduction based on section access turned off - no change in end result.

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Definitely related to section access somehow as when this is turned off the data comes through.  Strange though as the field affected is not related to section access at all.

Just need to find a solution now to work with section access active.