Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data in thick client different from data in thin client (Access point)

Hello,

I am facing the following problem:

Sales for Last three months (in thick client) :

Jul - 1000

Aug - 2500

Sep - 800

but in accesspoint

Jul - 0

Aug - 2500

Sep - 0

Aug shows right value. Cant understand why this is happening...PLEASE HELP!

Regards

Raj

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Raj,

There are two similar functions in QlikView to know what user is viewing the document. One is QVUser() that returns the user according to the section access. The other is OSUser() that will return your current user in netbios form DOMAIN\USERNAME. If you are using the latter, make sure you are using NTNAME field in section access instead of USERID and PASSWORD, so the browser will get credentials from your operating system credentials and return the expected permissions. Seeing the excel you posted above, it seems this second option is the one you are using, but I'm not sure. How do you make QlikView know who is who in your section access?

When you load them into QlikView, use uppercase for both field names and possible values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Raj,

Are you reducing data using section access? Did your reloads go all right?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am using section access- security on sheets. My username has rights to all sheets.

The reloads went all right.

Please advice

Regards

Raj

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Raj,

You need to specify the user with highest permissions in the Reload tab of the document, so the reload does not reduce any value.

If your section access has blanks or "*" note that users with ADMIN under ACCESS field in section access, when the document is accessed using a client, all users are granted USER access instead so you may need to change your section access script.

Is all the data available apart from the months or is there any other value not present that should be?

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I commented the script for security and the problem disappeared. Thank you very much.

But I was wrong about using section access, this QV document implements sheet level security by pulling following info from an excel sheet:

QVUSERSHEET1SHEET2SHEET3
Domain\user1111
Domain\user2100
Domain\user3010
Domain\user4001

Please let me know what I need to change in this file or elsewhere to make sure that the problem does not happen when I uncomment the script.

Regards

Raj

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Raj,

There are two similar functions in QlikView to know what user is viewing the document. One is QVUser() that returns the user according to the section access. The other is OSUser() that will return your current user in netbios form DOMAIN\USERNAME. If you are using the latter, make sure you are using NTNAME field in section access instead of USERID and PASSWORD, so the browser will get credentials from your operating system credentials and return the expected permissions. Seeing the excel you posted above, it seems this second option is the one you are using, but I'm not sure. How do you make QlikView know who is who in your section access?

When you load them into QlikView, use uppercase for both field names and possible values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am using OSUser() to return the current user and I am also using NTNAME field in the section access. Do you want me to make the field names in upper case?

Regards

Raj

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Raj,

That's right. Set the field names and values uppercase and give it a try. If that doesn't work, please post some sample application so we can check further.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

That worked well !! Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Regards

Raj