Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Formats

Can someone please suggest why:

When I reload my QV app on my PC, the dates appear in the correct UK format… i.e. DD/MM/YYYY

But when they are reloaded on the QlikView server, they are in the American format, MM/DD/YYYY

I have checked the server and region is set to UK.

I am connecting using ODBC and both machines have been set up identically using the same driver version etc.

Whilst the date can be formatted in the script - I was hoping to understand the reason to avoid any coding.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi IBI-Keeble,

I have exactly the same issue with my dates language format. Did you finally find a solution to solve it ?

Thanks in advance,

Julien

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you upload a sample document that you are having the issue with. Something small, that can be reloaded, that will show the issue?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, I can't.

My settings :

SET DateFormat='DD-MMM-YYYY';

Windows XP SP3 Regional Settings : French

I split my process into two steps :

Step 1 - LOAD.qvw : QlikView loads tables from the database via ODBC and store them in QVD files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONTH:

SQL

TO_CHAR("MTH_END_DT",'DD-mon-YYYY') as "MTH_END_DT",

FROM <database>.<table>

store MONTH into MONTH.qvd(qvd);

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, date format is right, as specified in SQL code (DD-mon-YYYY). Language is english (but my regional settings are set in French). It's exactly what I want.

Ex: 02-feb-2012

Step 2 - TRANSFORM.qvw : QlikView loads in a "transform" file, all QVDs my application requires to build data model.

Month:

LOAD

MTH_END_DT

FROM MONTH.qvd (qvd);

As you can see, no transformation is applied on my date field. Despite that, date format gets more than 3 characters (4, 5 characters, depends on month short name) and language turns to french.

Ex: 02-févr.-2012

My questions are : What does Qlikview do with dates when it loads QVD ? How date format language is set regardless regional settings ?

Thanks in advance,

Julien