Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Define Which Tasks To Run On Specific Cluster

Hello community,

In an environment where we cluster the publisher (2 distribution services), can we define which service/system/resource should be allocated to a specific task?

The problem is that we have many scheduled tasks, but one of the dashboards should be reloaded when opened.

Thus we want to dedicate a server for this task instead of being added to a potential queue.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

bbt

gwassenaar

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

No, in a cluster environment the task are shared base on the load of the machines.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Okay I see.

Bill, do you have any other suggestion to our situation ?

Or clustering the publisher is already the best approach to adopt (and then relying on the load balancing algorithm to choose the most available server) ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I thought this task assignment to a specific node was a feature of the soon-to-be-released v12.10. But the currnet versions only allow you to publish documents to a specific node, not reload them.

Not applicable
Author

What happened is that the client installed the management console and the distribution service on that new server using a second publisher license.

For the rest of the services he pointed them to the first server (same values as in the console of first server).

He then added a new task for that dashboard in the second console (separated from the other list of tasks).

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jean-Pierre

My understanding is that it is possible to force  a task to run on a specified node. This by crearting a "dedicated task". That is, a task in a defined "Publisher Group" linked to a QDS node:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/QVSRM_Clusterin...

br

Paul