Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

- Current Qlikview version 10SR5.  Production server.

- Affects ALL apps deployed in production.

- Worked ok last week.

- We made no changes to prod server.   We made no changes to the apps.

- This does NOT refer to Qlikview Desktop.  

- We're using the IE Plugin client.

1.  Any attempt to add a new sheet object causes the Internet Explorer session to freeze.    You can wait many hours and it doesn't come back.

2.  Any right-clicking on an existing user object to select "properties" causes your web browser to close completely.  

* If we launch the app using the Ajax client, the app won't crash or freeze when performing the two activities enumerated above.   However, it WON'T actually PERFORM the function.     It won't do anything when you select the object you want to add.  And it won't show any properties for an existing one.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac

4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

I think I would upgrade to 10 SR6 and see if you are having same issue.

Bill

Not applicable

Re: Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

I'm getting the same thing - it just started happening a couple weeks ago.  Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Not applicable

Re: Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

This turned out to be a cross-version compatibility problem.  Our DEV and QA servers had been upgraded to version 11 but our production server had yet to receive the upgrade.   So our users had updates their client software and it didn't work in production anymore.   The issue went away a week later when we upgraded production to version 11.

Hope that helps.

Isaac

Not applicable

Re: Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

So my problem turned out to be that I downloaded v11 desktop and our server is on v10.  Not sure how those are interacting, but I uninstalled v11 desktop and loaded v10 desktop and it works fine now.

Community Browser