Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Desktop vs Web view performance

Hi,

I have an application with 10M rows. While, QV's performance is "almost" acceptable when I am in desktop view (running on an hp laptop with 8Gig of Ram), it really slows down when I switch to Web view. Worst yet, when I deploy the app to the production server which has 32Gig of Ram, hitting the application on the server from a web browser, performance just goes south - and one of my tables actually throws "memory exceeded" error message.

So, Can someone explain what could be going on here, and what do I need to know in order to maximize the performance for the end users hitting the app on the server with their browsers? Why on my laptop the desktop view is so much faster than the web view- where the data is being hit locally on my hard disk and there is no line latency variable in the picture.

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sure, I just changed the table type to pivot. Perfect.

One more thing I can not figure out is how to colorize the expression labels of the new pivot with the green and yellow colors I had in my original pivot table. Now that these are expressions, I can only use the custom cell format from right mouse menu, but that changes the color of all labels as you can see in the attached file.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I can offer just a small trick, if it's acceptable

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Small trick. Awesome. Thank you. May I ask you another question? Is it possible to sort the pivot table by one of the expressions such as #Disch. So, what I want is for each PAIR row  to sort the customer X column #Disch expression in Descending order. For example for Customer F, PAIR 1, it should display the 98 first followed by 34. And PAIR 2 should show 97 followed by 56 and so on. I tried using sorting by expression on different dims but nothing seems to work.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Dennis,

Go to Chart Properties\Sort

For Pair tick Numeric Value - Acs

For subcategory and subcategory_desc leave only Expression - sum(quantity) - Desc

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I wanted to implement your "trick" in my table, but I can't figure it out. What do I need to do when I define my expressions. Where is the trick?

Never Mind. Figured it out. That little 'space' character in the Label field of the Props Expression tab...

Again, really appreciate your help.

Your suggestion for sorting the pivot worked fine in the sample file, but my real application table seems to have a mind of its own when it sorts- it has a couple of more dims than the sample and the sum() expression does not do it.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

It's difficult to say how to sort table if I don't see the table , but I can say that sometimes I created additional column in the dataset with concatenated fields and used it to order my tables.

To explain trick: yes - small space to hide the name of column and to set the name I used if clause with dimensionality()=0 which means Total row.

P.S.: if your question is answered, please point out a correct and helpful answers to help other users to see the solution

Regards,
Sergey