Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Detached lease license

Hello, I read QlikView License Leasing Technical Brief Paper.pdf but I find a special paragraph that got my attention.

In page 4 the document talk about Segregated environments and says:

"In scenarios where the Developer is completely detached from the QlikView Enterprise Server and is therefore unable to obtain a license lease via port 4747, no other option exists other than to contact QlikTech who will issue Local License Keys that will need to be installed locally"

I have a similar case because a provider has installed a software here in a desktop PC and generate a report in Qlikview to consume the generated data. This report won't be modified only will be updated with new information.

In this case, could I obtain a detached license (Named CAL or document CAL) as the paragraph mentioned?

This could help to save money.

Thanks in advance

David

21 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok will start new post.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Once you get the "local" aka "developer license", how do you use it?

Here are examples of the fields I expect when I requested a developer license:

Quote Number

PO Number

Quantity

Product

License Key

Control Number

What do I do with these fields? License Lease has clear instructions, but what about a developer license?

Not applicable
Author

Oh! If I get a fresh install on a fresh computer, it is obvious; it will prompt you to enter the license keys:

how_to_install_with_local_developer_license.PNG

But I can't figure out how to get a previously "License Leased" Qlikview installation to forget that it's License Leased!

I tried

• Uninstalling, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, deleting all the Qliktech folders in AppData, restarting, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the Settings.ini part which referenced the License Leasing

-- It just recreates all those folders! Any advice here?   

Not applicable
Author

Does validating the Qlikview "local" / "development" license require an internet connection ever?

1. i.e. requiring internet-connection just-once to validate the local-license
  2. or requiring internet-connection all-times to validate the local-license

Both are considered "requiring an internet" for the purposes of my question

And I'm also wondering whether I can apply the local/developer license so that a SVC account can use it

1. So for example, if using a local/development license would allow ALL users (including a SVC account) on that computer to run Qlikview, then this is fine
  2. But if it only local/development-licenses the logged-in user (i.e. me) to run Qlikview, but not other accounts (i.e. SVC account), then this may cause issues for me
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, If you don't have internet connectivity, it will give you the below options after you click next a couple of times. Select the middle option to Enter LEF. You will have to have the LEF to enter it.

lef.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Nathaniel Anderson wrote:

Once you get the "local" aka "developer license", how do you use it?

Here are examples of the fields I expect when I requested a developer license:

Quote Number

PO Number

Quantity

Product

License Key

Control Number

What do I do with these fields? License Lease has clear instructions, but what about a developer license?

Hi,

You have to use Licence Key and Control Number.

LEF will be automatically downloaded if your machine is connected to internet.

In case not please contact your account manager or contact Qlik Qonciergeservice team below

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_QlikQonciergeService

regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Nathaniel Anderson wrote:

Oh! If I get a fresh install on a fresh computer, it is obvious; it will prompt you to enter the license keys:

how_to_install_with_local_developer_license.PNG

But I can't figure out how to get a previously "License Leased" Qlikview installation to forget that it's License Leased!

I tried

• Uninstalling, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, deleting all the Qliktech folders in AppData, restarting, reinstalling
  • Uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the Settings.ini part which referenced the License Leasing

-- It just recreates all those folders! Any advice here?  

If you apply your new license. Lease will be automatically Cancelled.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To clear a lease license you just click "Clear License Information"

lef.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

This is helpful. @Ashfaq; If I can't clear license, then it is "stuck" on a successful "leased license", and won't let me change to an offline lease. I confirmed @Bill's  "Clear license"  technique works.

Not applicable
Author

OK, so in total I need 3 things to complete my "offline license"

All 3 things my Qlik Account Manager was able to provide me.

(Thanks Bill, Adam, John)

On the first page of wizard:

1. License Key
  2. Control Number

On a subsequent page 

3. LEF (license enabler file)

Note that LEF is just a string structured in a specific way

Based on what my Account Manager sent me (I stripped out the sensitive parts, wrapped in curly brackets), the pattern looks like this:

{ControlKey}

PRODUCTLEVEL;{Num};;2017-06-29

EMBEDDED_PRODUCTLEVEL;{Num};;

X64;{YES|NO};;

{4digits}-{4digits}-{4digits}-{4digits}

Note that LEF is probably related (i.e. I assume you can check what you've entered after you've entered it) as shown here:

another place license enabler file will appear.png

I'll confirm this after doing it once.