Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Developing in AJAX

We are currently running QlikView 9.0 SR1. Even though the AJAX view has improved dramatically over 8.5 there are still some formatting differences between publishing an AJAX version and an IE Plug-in version. We deploy AJAX version to our clients via a web server but those apps. Is there any way I can develop in the AJAX environment so I don't have to go back and tweak the formatting?

thanks,

rob

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rob,

Unfortunately, that's not possible. It's pretty much inevitable that AJAX will have formatting issues. There are certain "best practices" to minimize these issues, but developing in AJAX can't be done.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you elaborate or provide a pointer to the best practices for managing AJAX rendering of pages. For me, the biggest issue comes when I need to convert a Horizontal single column, vertically.

There are many other issues but a pointer to this simple one would be a great help. I have previously read that adjustments to the style sheets is an option?

Thanks

Lee

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Lee,

There's actually a new feature in QV9 that I just discovered myself. If you open your document and go to Settings --> Document Properties, you can select the checkbox "Use AJAX Mode in Layout (Beta)." Then save and close your document and reopen it. This mode should simulate AJAX behavior during development. Be careful though--it's still in Beta as the name says, so you'll need to test it thoroughly.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I'm guessing that's an QV9 SR2 feature and not an SR1 feature?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I think so--by the way, SR3 is out in beta version.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yeah I have spotted that and given it a go. I was so upset with the result that I returned to normal layout and pretended it never happened. I think I will face up to it today and work with it to try and sort this all out.

It would good to find a css help thread somewhere though ...

Thanks for the tips though Vlad ... SR3 can wait until through Beta at this point ... Smile

Lee