Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between CAL AND PERMISSION acces point.

hi, i wanna know what is the difference between CAL AND PERMISSION, i have any documents and i give permissions from windows, 1.with this is end off for show it in acces point ?

2. why give licence ?

3. what have i do for show the apps in acces point ?

thans and regards

h
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

A user needs a CAL (a Client Access License) to open a document. This can be either a Named, Document, Session or Usage CAL; any CAL will do.

A document will only be visible / available for that person if he/she is also authorized to see (open) it. Assuming you have a SBE server, the user needs to have access to the document via NTFS rights to see it in the Access Point.

See your other topic for a similar story:

How I can activate CALs.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

A user needs a CAL (a Client Access License) to open a document. This can be either a Named, Document, Session or Usage CAL; any CAL will do.

A document will only be visible / available for that person if he/she is also authorized to see (open) it. Assuming you have a SBE server, the user needs to have access to the document via NTFS rights to see it in the Access Point.

See your other topic for a similar story:

How I can activate CALs.

Not applicable
Author

thank u very much for answer, was very helpful

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Happy I could help.

Sorry to say, but if this answers your question(s), could you then please flag my answer as "Correct Answer" to close the topic?