cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Differences between QV Full Install - OCX - IE Plugin

Hi,
I've a question:
I don't make clearly the differences between those 3 uses cases of QV. Could you please explain the differences, if there are differences?

For me OCX and IE Plugin are identical? Am I true?

And do the OCX and/or IE Plugin are included on the QV Full installation?

Thanks for your help.
JG.

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

The differences are the following:

• OCX is a control provided by QlikView that let's you manipulate QVWs and objects from within external programs written, for example, in C# or Visual Basic.
  • IE Plugin is built on OCX, but is definitely not the same thing. Rather, the Plugin (or Analyzer) provides a graphical interface for users to view your QVWs without any distortion and with full functionality.
  • Neither OCX nor the Plugin are included with the general QlikView Desktop or Server installation. You would need to download and install these components separately (although by default Plugin will be included with QVS in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin, you would still need to install it yourself).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

So if I want to use a QV application embedded on an web based application I need to install those two components (OCX and IEPlugin) ?

Regards,

JG.

Not applicable
Author

For me also OCX is the same as the IE plugin. The OCX is an ActiveX control which can be embedded in IE, but the only difference is the embedding context (you embed it in IE and it's the "IE plugin", you embed it elsewhere and it is just called "QlikOCX").

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So they are the same and not! It's not very clear Tongue Tied

Another question about OCX and IE Plugin :
Do they have a version number; if we upgrade on QV9 SR3, do we have to upgrade also the OCX and the IE Plugin?

Thks again for your help.
JG.

Not applicable
Author

yes they have a version number and are released at the same time as other qlikview products

however, you can use a different version for say QlikView desktop and the OCX