Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrus
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Disable server's starting page.

Hi!

I have a special QV document ( "Starting point.qvw") for managing others documents.

Now I want allow to see only this on my QV start page http://SERVER\qlikview  and hide all others.

Is this possible?

best,

Andrus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Andrus,

I think of several things you can do, but the best will depend on your network and security configuration.

One of the ideas is to make this document the only one available in the root folder, and have all the other documents in different folders not mounted or under the root folder. This may be the easier one. So the only access to this document and then launch another docs from this. Make sure the actions (or macros, or URLs) you are using to open the different documents behave in the server-client environment, browsers, plugin, and so.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Andrus,

I think of several things you can do, but the best will depend on your network and security configuration.

One of the ideas is to make this document the only one available in the root folder, and have all the other documents in different folders not mounted or under the root folder. This may be the easier one. So the only access to this document and then launch another docs from this. Make sure the actions (or macros, or URLs) you are using to open the different documents behave in the server-client environment, browsers, plugin, and so.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable

I dont use access point from which my users access documents (e.g. doesnt conform to Group standards) but instead use a .asp file where the documents are defined as anchor tags (<A>). All the documents are secured using section access.

I rather like it as it gives me total control of the user interface e.g. I can put links to other intranet/web pages etc.

Regards,

Gordon