Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Distribution Service Disconnected

After installing QV Server 9 SR1, two services are "disconnected" - directory Service Connector, and Distribution Service.
Both services are running. In fact, all Qlikview services are running.
I cannot schedule reload. There is a "reconnect" button on the Reload page to reconnect Distribution Service, but it doesn't connect.
Nothing special in the Event Viewer.
Log file for Distribution Service says in last line "...Qlikview Distribution Service v9.0.7257 is up and running..."

What can be wrong?

Appreciate any hints.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

AHOY!

I have the solution!

Stop the QV services in the service manager of windows.

go to c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\

remove Workorder.xml (both the clean and the .old one)

go to the directory 1 in the same location.

remove Workorder.xml here too.

start the services. great success!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you checked the log files for each of these problem services? The logs are in:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob,

Thank you for reply.
I certainly checked logs. In fact, the line in my post about "up and running" is from the second log in your reply. Can't recall exactly the first one, probably checked, but will be sure to check again.

Additional info.

After posting this question here, I tried to run QEMC (Enterprise Management Console). Saw four services, also Directory Service and Distribution Service were red. After looking inside, modifeied the server names in URLs there to fully qualified fromat, from "http:/MyCompany..." to "http://www.MyCompany.com..." What happend was that these Services in QEMC turned green!
But when I opened QMC ("regular" Management Console) again, they were still red...

Not applicable
Author

I can not read those paths, not even with Administrator. (Windows Server 2008)

However I can read the following:
C.\ProgramData\QlikTech\

The logs only points out the obvious (I only do normal logging) that the scheduled reload failed - not why.

I've not experienced any of these crashes before SR1 so I tend to blame the upgrade.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Michael Solomovich wrote:I certainly checked logs.

I should have anticipated that....

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I'm having problems with the Distribution Service too. It appears to crash for no reason in particular. The logs do not give away any hints.

I'd appreciate the forums help on this topic. Many thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I got response from the QlikTech support yesterday saying that this (at least my crashes) is a known issue with bug id 23626 and it's "hopefully fixed in our service release 2" SR2 is scheduled for the 7th of November.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've got the same error at a customer. Thanks for the support notice. Is the bug issue list anywhere published in the community site?

Greetz
Robbie

Not applicable
Author

lucky me! the day before the SR and now the distribution service can not start at all. Windows Server Manager tells med that "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly" occured. I sure hope the SR tomorrow will solve these issue - it's draining.

lhr
Employee
Employee

if you can't seem to connect to a running service verify that the account running the qmc is member of the local group "Qlikview Administrators" on the machine running the DSC. also note that there have been issues running the services as the local system account, which are resolved in SR2.

@martin bagge: i assume there is nothing in the DSC logs when the DSC refuses to start?