cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Distribution

Hi

Is there any possibility to distribute a document to an other domain?

I can give the correct location for the file by \\ipaddress, but i can not find where i can give other credentials to write to that location.

Kindest regards

Johan

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Johan,

Yes, if there is a trust between the domains.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill

One server is in our domain, the other in our DMZ (for customers)

We want to distribute our application from our domain to our DMZ server, but we don't want our customers to authenticate in our domain.

The only other possibility that i can think of is do a reload of the application in our domain, copy the file to the DMZ (by batch file) and restart the QV service so that the application is out of the memory.

But when we do that, the customers who are connected at that time, lose the're connection

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be able to do this. You will have to setup a DSC pointing to the other machine and have either a share to distribute the document to or add the QVS to the QMC. The secret to this is you will have to setup a local user with the same name and password as the service account that is running the QVs services on the server in the dmz.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.