Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distributor wont store to mapped drive Letter ?

Im using QV9 sr1 and have a scheduled task to run a load script that stores data to a QVD. When the Destination is a local folder the Qvd is created successfully but using a mapped drive letter it fails. However if I run the same qvw within the qv application it saves to the mapped drive correctly.

My user account is a domain account, and im using this as the account for the Distribution service so im expecting the same behaviour from the distribution service as I get from running the QVW from QlikView.

The mapped destination folder has permissions set for my domain account.

Is this a known Issue/Bug ?

ColinR

error from distribution service log:

28/10/2009 17:42:37.5455504 Information 28/10/2009 17:42:37: 14 fields found: %Key_Store, Branch, BranchName, Area, AreaManager, Region, AreaRegional, RegionalManager, CompanyCode, CompanyName, BranchType, BranchTypeDisport, Deleted, DeletedDisport, 491 lines fetched

28/10/2009 17:42:37.5455504 Information 28/10/2009 17:42:37: 0053 STORE BAR INTO
28/10/2009 17:42:37.5455504 Information 28/10/2009 17:42:37: General Script Error
28/10/2009 17:42:37.5455504 Information 28/10/2009 17:42:37: Execution Failed

10 Replies
GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

Hi ColinR,

Did you ttry with UNC? .. for example : \\Anothermachine\c:$ something else ..

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Gabriel,

Nice idea, but Same Problem

GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

mmm .. probably, it is a authorization .. Are you using the "Local System" account in the XS service? if the answer is YES, did you test changing the XS account to Administrator account?

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

what do you mean by xs service ? If its "Qlikview distribution service" its running as my domain account (Admin) as are all the qlikview services in the os services dialog

Colin R

GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

XS service ... Execution Service service ... Did you test changing in Servive Windows ... Execution Service service (properties) the user in the Log On tab from Local System to another administrator account?

Not applicable
Author

I dont have an Execution service, its QV9 I have a Distribution service which im presuming is the service im interested in. All my services are set to same domain Account

Not applicable
Author

In QV applications that you want reload with "Ditribution Service" you can't user mapped drive because mapped drives are not loaded a windows "service" context. For this you need to use an UNC path (example \\server\share-dfolder-name), check path in the document, it must work.
bye

Not applicable
Author

I have a script that generates some QVDs that are combined later in the script and stored in a brand new QVD file. I am also using the QlikView Distribution Service and while storing the data for the combined QVD throws a General Script Error while it didn't have any problems with the previous store statements in this script.

I have reran the script from the Management Console and started it manually. This manual load ran without any problems whereas the scheduled task throwed an error.

Does anyone know why the first store into actions were executed successfully whereas the third one in this script is not executed successfully?

Thanks in advance.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Does anyone knows if it is now with QV 10 possible to run reload jobs in a task by using a mapped folder on the server?

Regards