Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do Extensions still work in Offline Mode?

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know whether documents using extensions still work 100% in Offline Mode?

Thanks in advance for your answers, cheers,

Philippe

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi all,

I received an answer from an external source, and sadly, it is No.

Furthermore, I was able to test this using an iPad with the Mobile client on a QlikView server 11.20 SR3, only to confirm that this type of feature isn't available.

So, if ever you use extensions in your documents and are expecting some of your users to work in offline mode, please keep in mind that these extensions will not work for them.

Regards,

Philippe

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean in Desktop?  Yes - in web view.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Michael,

I was wondering whether extensions such as svgMap or Gantt would still work when used in dashboards that are used in Offline Mode on a iPad?

I understand that for them to work on dashboards visualised through AccessPoint, they must be copied over to the Server's Extension Objects "%ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\" folder.

But how does this work with iPads in Offline Mode?

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Philippe

Not applicable

Try this

"%ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\"

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi all,

I received an answer from an external source, and sadly, it is No.

Furthermore, I was able to test this using an iPad with the Mobile client on a QlikView server 11.20 SR3, only to confirm that this type of feature isn't available.

So, if ever you use extensions in your documents and are expecting some of your users to work in offline mode, please keep in mind that these extensions will not work for them.

Regards,

Philippe