Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Document on IPad Home Screen

We are using QV11 SR2. My Ipad is ver 7. I have an app that I want to access directly from my home screen. On my Ipad I go into access point and open the app in full browser mode. It opens and functions correctly. I select to create a button on my home screen and the button is created with no issues. When I click the button to open the document I get a white screen with the word 'Loading...' in the upper right hand corner. The document never loads. I have tested this in the past and it worked fine but I have since upgraded my IPad and a service pack upgade was done to QV. Is there a solution for this?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jim,

Have you tried to replicating the issue, by trying the same thing on demo.qlik.com ? I have just tried from my IPad running IOS7, it worked successfully and I could open the QlikView application as usual?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Linking to the demo app works great. So that means that it is most likely not an IPad issue. Is there a server setting that might be causing this. I am linking to a test server if that makes any difference. It does not get to the authentication screen where it should be asking me to log in.

Not applicable
Author

Are you able to share any information about your setup?  Is this running on your laptop (demo) or using a full installation ?

My first thoughts are a possible authentication/setup issue. What version of QV are you running Jim?

Thanks Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Full server install. Our version is 11.0.11440 SR2.

Not applicable
Author

Does this happen when you connected via WIFI in the office or via the VPN when out of the office?

Are you using Safari?

What type of authentication are you using AD, web tickets ?

Thanks Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried connecting via our internal secured wireless and via VPN. I am using Safari both for the connection through Access Point and for the link off of the home page. We use AD to manage our security.

Not applicable
Author

I would check the settings in both environments (look at the webserver setting first)  Authentication may be switched off -not prompting you for your credentials in test and on in production?

QlikView Server may have "prevent anonymous switched on" (as your device may not be known to your network) you could be arriving as anonymous user,  which is preventing access to your application in AccessPoint.

From what you have said, it sounds like an authentication related problem.

Hope these suggestions help ?

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Capture.PNG.png

Jim, you could try looking at these setting in the Management Console. Using the alternate login page prompts for a login and provides a log out option.

Thanks Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thx for the suggestion but no luck. Still just get the 'Loading...' message.