Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drawing of chart failed internally

Hi all,

I have this pie chart that gives me the error 'Drawing of chart failed internally'. Any ideas? When I clone the chart, it works but whenever I reposition it within the sheet it the errors re-occurs.

Thanx

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Which version of QlikView are you running?

Not applicable
Author

Using v9

Not applicable
Author

Do you have up and down arrows for your dimension?.Because this happens when you select the down arrow .My understanding is it is a known issue and if any one has solution for this I would like to know.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Just to throw my experience of this into the mix. I had a pie chart that was displaying a simple count based on a cyclic group. One of the dimensions in the cycle was failing with this error, but the others were fine. I then tried removing the cyclic group and putting in just the dimension that was giving the error. This still gave the error.

As it was not a critical dimension I left deleted it from the cycle group and put that back on the chart and all was well.

However, coming back to the chart later I had the message again on a different dimension in the cycle. Based on Mats comment above I copied the chart to another tab, and all worked fine. I even put back in the dimension I removed earlier and it was still fine. Finally I copied it back from the other sheet to where it should be and all is now exactly how I want it.

It all seems slightly odd though.

It is worth noting that the next fix release should be out the middle of next month - so this may get picked up in that.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your input Steve. This pie chart bug re-appears from time to time. I clone it, delete the original and it works. I'll be happy to see a fix eventually 🙂

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mat,

I mailed support on this issue, and they replied: "there is a bug related to this error message with the bugid: 21366 which currently is active". Shall have to check for that bug number at SR3.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

The same phenomenon occurred with me in 8.5 SR6. But, I am not using any cyclic or drill-down groups, just one dimension. I even tried cloning the chart, putting it in another tab and then deleting and copying back. No luck. Any other known workarounds? Weird fact is that this happened when we upgraded from SR 2 to SR6.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do you know if this was fixed?

I get the same error at random intervals, seemingly dependent on absolutely nothing. On a Monday with the wind blowing from the South the whole document is fine, on Tuesday with a westerly wind several charts will fail. Having nothing changed, except the wind direction.

The wind is representative of a random force that is nothing to do with the document or data that seems to have broken it! Smile

Thanks

Lee

Not applicable
Author

I'm running on SR3 now and haven't seen the error since. Maybe QV fixed it in SR3 or maybe the wind direction did it Surprise

cheers