Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Drill Up question in Pie Chart

Hi, i have a couple of pie charts one has one dimension and the other has 4, the things is this:

One of them, the one with more dimensions, when i click in one of its slices, it does a drill down on its data, if I click again, nothing happens.

The other, the one with only one dimmension, then i click one of the slices, it does a drill down, but i I click again, it dows a "drill up".

What makes this behaviour to happen? i would like both my pie charts to go down, and then come up, if the user keeps clicking.

I compared both charts, but couldnt tell any difference, so I bet is depending on how are the dimmensions defined or so.

Any Suggestions?

Regards

-Ed

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

When you click you're doing a selection, if you click something that is selected this will cause QV to remove the selection.

To do a drill up you have to click the Up Arrow on the chart references.

BTW you might want to read this unrelated article about pie charts by Stephen Few.

http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/08-21-07.pdf

3 Replies
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

When you click you're doing a selection, if you click something that is selected this will cause QV to remove the selection.

To do a drill up you have to click the Up Arrow on the chart references.

BTW you might want to read this unrelated article about pie charts by Stephen Few.

http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/08-21-07.pdf

pover
Honored Contributor

That's cool. Daniel mentioned and recommended Stephen Few. I'll second that recommendation.

The only other comment I wanted to add is that if in a 4 dimension drill-down you select a value at the top (1st) level and that value at the 2nd and 3rd level are 100% of the pie, the drill-down will skip those levels and show you the 4th level. Then you click on the up arrow as Daniel says.

Regards.

Not applicable

Thanks everyone, i figured out, thanks to Daniel's comments that the selection in the Pie chart that was not "drilling up", it was becase the selection is being made in 2 dimensions at the time, and the one that worked, it is just selecting 1, so this means that i can remove with one click only one filter, not 2.

Thanks a lot for your help, and by the way, great reference to Stephen Few's article.

-Ed

Community Browser