Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Update and OnOpen Triggers

Hi

I am having a problem with publishing my QlikView document through Access Point.  We refresh the document every 30 minutes and I have the document set up to "refresh automatically without client action" and have got "Enable Push from Server" and "Enable Dynamic Data Update".

I also have OnOpen Triggers which Activate a specified sheet and then Run a Macro.  This is to ensure that the user is always taken to a particular sheet with specific selections on opening the document.

The problem I have is that everytime the document reloads it seems to be running the OnOpen Triggers and throwing users back to the home page even if they are in the middle of doing something.

Can anybody think of a way to dynamically update data but also have on open triggers?

Hope that all makes sense, any help really appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

An update on this, I just tried removing the open triggers and the document still jumped back to the sheet which was active when the qvd was saved.  Is it possible to automatically update the data within the Qlikview document without it changing back to the last saved sheet?

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

There is a checkbox called 'Prohibit Session Recovery' on the Documents tab in Server properties in QEMC. Please, check if it marked. It may be causing your problem.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

Thanks for your post, the checkbox is currently unchecked, is that correct or should I check it?

Regards

Jon

Not applicable
Author

i have been looking into this further and discovered that the problem is not so much related to the reload going back to the home page but the reload resetting Variable values on load.  i have created a separate thread for this problem at http://community.qlik.com/thread/32806