Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Alert on Reload Failure not working?

I have been testing the email alerts on the publisher failures and I get no email sent. I have a task that I purposely have failed and all I get in the log is

<LogFinalEntries>

<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="3/24/2010 4:07:27 PM" Text="The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=Q:\qvd\agency.qvw. " />
<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="3/24/2010 4:07:27 PM" Text="Reload failed. " />
<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="3/24/2010 4:07:27 PM" Text="Reload failed. Distribution skipped. " />
<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="3/24/2010 4:07:27 PM" Text="The task "EDX_agency" failed. ErrorCount=3" />
<LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="3/24/2010 4:07:27 PM" Text="MailTemplate not found. eMailTemplateType=Alert" />
</LogFinalEntries>
All the files appear to be in there right locations. Anyone have any ideas why I might be getting this error. I did find one solution on the forum, but that was a clean istall. I would prefer not to have to do that.
Thanks,
JS
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With some help from QV Support we were able to isolate the problem. To fix this issue you must verify that the QVPR files AlertEmail.xml and MailTemplate.xml have the same DistributionServiceID. The AlertEmail.xml file had the correct DistributionServiceID. We copied that DistributionServiceID and replaced all DistributionServiceID lines in MailTemplate.xml with the AlertEmail code. So far we are now receiveing alerts.

Thanks,

Jerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With some help from QV Support we were able to isolate the problem. To fix this issue you must verify that the QVPR files AlertEmail.xml and MailTemplate.xml have the same DistributionServiceID. The AlertEmail.xml file had the correct DistributionServiceID. We copied that DistributionServiceID and replaced all DistributionServiceID lines in MailTemplate.xml with the AlertEmail code. So far we are now receiveing alerts.

Thanks,

Jerry

jaymerry
Creator
Creator

Hi all,

We have the same problem ; no email is send after a reload failure. Where can we found the files AlertEmail.xml and MailTemplate.xml (which reprository) ?

Thank in advance,

Jaymerry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are using the xml repository located in:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR

Thanks,

JS

jaymerry
Creator
Creator