Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Email Distribution without QVW attachment

Is there anyway to turn off the attachment of the QVW on the publisher distribution function. I would like to send notification to users when their QV reports have reloaded, but do not want the report attached. If not, is there another way to send them notification when their QV report has reloaded successfully through the publisher? Thanks.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem(using QV9 right now). I could not find a way to do this so I ended up creating a .NET console app that I kick off as a Supporting Task in Publisher.

This would be a good suggestion for future enhancement.

Brian

Not applicable
Author

You could try the Alert function after each reload, you generate an alert which is sent by email ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Sebastien. Have you done this successfully? Do you have a QVW sample? I have not been able to set up an alert in the document that gets fired when the app is published/reloaded to AccessPoint via the QEMC console. Any ideas? Thank you.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, I haven't tried it, but I assume you'd set it up like this:

Condition = true()
Events = On Post Reload
Trigger Level = Always

And then fill in the message, mail subject and recipients as appropriate.

I'd hope there's a better way than alerts, though.

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

One would hope there was a better way than Alerts to do this, but there is no simpler way than that outlined by John and spastor - not even in v10.