Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Email notification on reload failure

Hi All,

Is it possible to send a notification via SMTP to an email address for specific tasks?

The QMC enables you to set up SMTP recipients if there is a failure of ANY task. I want to notify an individual only if certain tasks fail.

Many thanks.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can monitor within the load script for errors and send an email as required.

First of all you need to have set the 'Mail' settings for the 'User Preferences' .

Next, if you want to monitor certain statements, set monitoring on/off so that the load continues. For example:

before script lines to be monitored

SET ErrorMode=0; // ignore any script errors

......(script lines)

after loads script lines to be monitored

SET ErrorMode=1; // reset to default (halt and prompt)

Create an alert to be triggered if scriperrorcount <> 0. Note that mode is set off for interactive. With this checked a pop-up occurs with the plugin to ask if the email should be sent (I use v8.20 - is this a bug?)

Add a text object to display a suitable message (Layout> Show > Conditional 'ScriptErrorCount <> 0') in case of errors when interactive reload has been performed (which will not fire the alert)

Hope this helps!

Gordon

prieper
Master II
Master II

Each application has - after refresh - the possibility to send email subject to certain conditions met. In order to supervise your applications, you may turn on the logfiles and build an application to read all logfiles, whether refreshed in time (you may also create your own alert-messages, subj to certain conditions met) and timestamps, when it was refreshed the last time.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I could not find the window which is on this screenshot.

Could you explain, where is that alert settings?

Not applicable
Author

I can not find that 'Mail' settings and the 'User Preferences'

Not applicable
Author

It is under 'Settings' menu.

Not applicable
Author

I go to settings => User Preferences than that user preferences is shown. But it is different from gordons.

Not applicable
Author

That is alert tab where it is in tools menu.In mail tab you will be explained the defaults of your mail settings and after that you will create an alert for your document from alert tab.

Not applicable
Author

This thread was very useful! Thanks Everyone!

Now one other quick question along the same lines. One other problem we are having is if the file is taking a long time to run we would like to recieve an email. For example, if we know a file takes approx 5 minutes to normally reload, but on a particular reload it has been running for over 30 minutes- would there be a way to be notified??

Not applicable
Author

I have followed all your tips but no mail was sent; otherwise if i tick 'On open' a mail was succesfully sent (due to that i can exclude any connection problems). I'm using QlikView Desktop 10 SR3.

Any ideas?

Thanks..

Matteo A.