Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embedded License - How To??

Hi, I would like to know how to embed a license into a qvw. Can someone please let me know the steps? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

This requires being a Qlik employee.

So:

Step 1 is probably applying for a job at our company .

Okay, lets skip the jokes for a second:

If you need a license embedded for a customer presentation, contact your local Qlik office or partner manager. No guarantees they can and will help you though as it is a Qlik employees only thing AFAIK.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

This requires being a Qlik employee.

So:

Step 1 is probably applying for a job at our company .

Okay, lets skip the jokes for a second:

If you need a license embedded for a customer presentation, contact your local Qlik office or partner manager. No guarantees they can and will help you though as it is a Qlik employees only thing AFAIK.

Not applicable
Author

Since this is a qlikview employee only function, what is the need?  do you need a license to present something?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

An embedded license makes it possible for everyone with a free local QlikView installation to open the QVW with the embedded license. The license drops out the moment a reload is run.

To be able to embed a license, you need to have a special license, which only is handed out to Qlik employees and is only valid for a year.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I know of cases where a 1st class partner can have an embedded license, well ... embedded into a partner document that is distributed (free of charge) to a community-like audience.

You may give it a shot and ask Qlik to embed a license for you. But IMHO your business case is probably a bit different from what Qlik has in mind, so I won't give you any false hopes.

Best,

Peter