Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radhouane_skander
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error 1067 when starting QlikView management service

Hi everyone,

I am installing qlikview 11.20 SR20 on a windows server 2016 ( Release notes shows i can do that). Every thing went well only one service which is QlikView management service is not working. When i launch it, it shows me Error 1067 or it works for 2 seconds and stops.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check the QMS logs for what/where things are hanging up, default location is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log, that should provide some clues as to the issue, most likely something wrong in the QVPR would be my hunch.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @edtd2013 

For troubleshooting guidance for this error, see QlikView Server Failed to Set License .

Though I would also like to point out the Support Expiration Date for 11.20, which we will hit on the 31st of December this year. As you are installing this right now, I assume this is in preparation of an upgrade.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check the QMS logs for what/where things are hanging up, default location is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log, that should provide some clues as to the issue, most likely something wrong in the QVPR would be my hunch.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
edtd2013
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi ,
I have installed qlikview 11.20 SR20 on Windows Server 2016, but when I apply  license it shows "Server failed to set license : QVS@xxxxxxxxxx : Failed to connect to server".
Are there any settings or configurations on Windows Server 2016 before installation?

Best Regards,
Cathy

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @edtd2013 

For troubleshooting guidance for this error, see QlikView Server Failed to Set License .

Though I would also like to point out the Support Expiration Date for 11.20, which we will hit on the 31st of December this year. As you are installing this right now, I assume this is in preparation of an upgrade.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
edtd2013
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

Is there an activation requirement document (For example: hardware/network...)? 

We have checked the following items, but still can not apply license.

1. QlikView Server cannot access the Internet and uses license key 、control number、LEF to apply  license.

2. The user is a domain account and is a member of the local administrator and QlikView administrator.

3. Account have access and permission to the default Root folder.

4. The server computer name is the same as BIOS name and the name is less than 12 characters.

Best Regards,

Cathy

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Given everything you have stated, it would seem most likely to be an issue with the LEF information you are manually pasting in when trying to register things, be sure there are no empty lines between lines or before first of after last line too, as that will cause issues.  Check the productlevel date stamp in the LEF and be sure that is fairly current too, that is really the only thing of which I can think at this point, something wrong with the LEF information now allowing things to register.  If you can paste just the LEF info here, I should be able to tell if something is wrong, but you may want to have Customer Support take a look at that for you, as that is the only thing of which I can think that would be holding things up at this point.

Regards,
Brett