Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Duriing sucessfull task completion

Hi all,

I have created a weekly task to update all qvd's , which triggers another application reload task.

Task is running successfully and refresh all qvd but after completion it is giving below error.

Because of this error next task is not getting triggered (as it requires "Success" task status).

The task "Reload_Order_Complete" failed. Part of the log file follows:

7/3/2010 1:09:39 PM Error Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.IO.StreamReader.get_EndOfStream()
at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)
7/3/2010 1:09:39 PM Error Aborting Reload. Error=QDSMain.TaskResult
7/3/2010 6:18:31 PM Error Reload was aborted.
7/3/2010 6:18:31 PM Error Reload failed.
7/3/2010 6:18:32 PM Warning Document was forcibly closed. Clean close was not possible.
7/3/2010 6:18:32 PM Warning The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).
7/3/2010 6:18:32 PM Error Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
7/3/2010 6:18:32 PM Error The task "Reload_Order_Complete" failed. ErrorCount=5

Can anybody help me out.

Santosh

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you try disabling the trigger, and run both manually ?

Not applicable
Author

I have already tried that. Both run & complete successfully.

Not applicable
Author

The only thing I can think of right now, is to put both on a schedule as opposed to the latter being triggered by the success of the former.

Maybe also try altering the number of tries and timeout settings in the management console...

Not applicable
Author

Hello Santosh,

May I check if you have a solution to this? We are observing exactly the same problem with one of our documents.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Mengyi