Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error File is not ok. Target file was not saved.

Hi team,

Please find the below mentioned task failure message. Anybody have any idea the reason for the  error.?

I have cross verified the source folder and qvw app etc are already in place in the mentioned path.

17/01/2017 12:36:05     Error Exception in save source file: Could not find file '\\Server1\XXXCPRM\XXX\QlikView Source Documents\fe4e26ee-5fb5-4907-9b03-0478e76fe62a_XXXDashboard.qvw.tmp'.

17/01/2017 12:36:05     Error File is not ok. Target file was not saved.

17/01/2017 12:36:27     Error The task "Reload and Distribute - 3D Stress Dashboard" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: File is not ok. Target file was not saved.

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Labels (2)
6 Replies
itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can you check the Windows Logs in the Event Viewer (under Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer). Seems to be a permission issue. Does the Service user have local admin rights?

itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I had the same Problem. Problem can be solved by adding the EnableParallelReload=0 under the [Settings 7] tag somewhere in the Settings.ini file.

tussh077
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Oktay,

I am facing the same issue where the error says

'Error Exception in save source file: Could not find file.'\\Server\XXXX.qvw.temp'

'Error File is not ok. Target file was not saved

Could you please confirm that your issue was resolved by adding EnableParallelReload=0 in the .ini file for your user account?

Can you also help me understand the root cause of the above error?

Regards,

Tushar

itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Tushar,

Yes, it solved the problem. The situation was that in previous MS Windows installations this settings in Windows was 0. However this summer, with an update with MS Windows, the configuration changed to 1. It was all normal, until we upgraded to QlikView 12. Therefore, QlikView must take the value of EnableParallelReload from MS Windows settings, I guess. After putting this setting in the settings.ini file, all worked fine.

Regards,

Oktay

tussh077
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Oktay,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I tried updating the setting.ini file as per your suggestion but unfortunately that did not resolve the issue.

Could there be any other possible cause of this error?

Regards,

Tushar

itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Did you try a restart of the server. There might be a lock on the QlikView script (file)