Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error message when publishing dashboard on Version 9

Hi,

We upgraded our Qlikview Server to Version 9 R2 and was attempting to publish a dashboard. However, we recieved the following types of errors on all of our dashboards that were not problems on 8.5.

"Document CALS are not applicable: Reason:

Cardinality error in field: [ClientBranch] between tables [OrderDetails] and [ClientBranches]

Document does not comply with Document CAL Licensing restrictions, please see documentation. "

Information density is 100% on ClientBranch the primary key.

I've searched around, but have found nothing. Any idea how to resolve issue?

Thanks

Don

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I researched this problem and found some answers in the server reference manual. We switched our licensing model to Document CALs during this upgrade which has restrictions on data models specifically the cardinality of fact and dimension tables. (Our fact tables had more rows than the dimension table due to used codes). To resolve this issue, we coded inner joins between the fact and dimension table to only use the dimensioni codes used in the fact table.

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview has put out a patch to correct this issue that will be incorporated into the next release. Contact Qlikview support for patch.

Not applicable
Author

This issue is still around and I heard from my QlikView implementation partner this issue is related to tables that are not related to any other table. We have this concept in nearly all of our QlikView applications because we arrange the authentication for our users with these kinds of tables (thanks to our partner).

Does anyone know whether QlikTech will release an update for this or not?

Thanks in advance,

Not applicable
Author

Marc, we also ran into this problem of "Isolated islands" or tables. Our manager contacted Qliktech support directly and they provided us with a patch that corrected both the isolated islands and cardinality issue. We did not contact our implementation partners. Otherwise, we would have had to re-code 3 dashboards. Hope this helps.

Don

Not applicable
Author

Hi Don,

Thanks for the info. We have been able to obtain the patch release as well and will install this next week ASAP.

Not applicable
Author

Marc,

You're welcome. Good luck on your install.

Don

Not applicable
Author

We have the same problem at a customer. Where can we find / become the patch?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patrick,

The link for this has been provided to us by our QlikView partner and was an intermediate release. I assume (can't tell for sure) that this will be incorporated in service release 3.

Not applicable
Author

QlikTech support ended up sending us the patch. Qliktech just made available SR 3 last week. This release should contain the above patch. I would install the latest SR3 since it fixed many bugs. Hope this helps.

Don Saluga