Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error on loading document with Loop and reduce (QV 12.10 SR2)

Hi,

I'm facing an issue and I can't understand how to solve it. I have migrated my QV server from version 11.2 SR9 to version 12.1 SR2.

Everything seems to be ok, my tasks works fine but I've two tasks going in error.

The problem is the same:

I have two documents I can reload without problem from desktop and from server. If I try to apply loop and reduce this tasks generates this error:

14/02/2017 10:47:41 Error Could not run ReduceData. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.ReduceAndSaveFailedException: Failed to reduce and save document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\2\temp\0dcae466-c560-43d8-95e7-710508981bbe\document.qvw ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.ReduceAndSaveAs(String _FileName, String _BookmarkIdOrName, Object _DropFieldNames_ArrayOfString)  at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceAndSave(ILogBucket logBucket, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceAndSave(ILogBucket logBucket, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument)

at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceData(ILogBucket logBucket, Boolean reduce, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument, Boolean save)

14/02/2017 10:47:41 Error Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal.

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)  at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)

14/02/2017 10:47:46 Error Failed to generate QVW File package..Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

I have two servers: test and production. Test was the copy of production and I migrated it to the version 12.1, while production still is on the 11.2. On this one i have no problem and the task works pefectlly.

Can somebody help me, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Update!

I actually found the reason for our problem. We had one tiiiiny synthetic-key. If i just removed it everything worked as expected. It worked fine in QV 11.20, but it doesnt work in QV 12.10.

So maybe you guys can check your apps and see if you have any synthetic-keys. And if you have, remove them and see if it works better

View solution in original post

6 Replies
fasibaig
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear

I also have similar issue after upgrading to 12.1 SR2 Unable to Reduce via the publisher.

Please any help.

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

(15/02/2017 4:03:54 PM) Error: Could not run ReduceData. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.ReduceAndSaveFailedException: Failed to reduce and save document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\96c0c2f4-4891-4ff4-873c-1eb7e17b3326\document.qvw ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. ||    at QlikView.Doc.ReduceAndSaveAs(String _FileName, String _BookmarkIdOrName, Object _DropFieldNames_ArrayOfString) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceAndSave(ILogBucket logBucket, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceAndSave(ILogBucket logBucket, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReduceData(ILogBucket logBucket, Boolean reduce, String savePath, Boolean checkoutReducedDocument, Boolean save)

(15/02/2017 4:03:54 PM) Error: Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal. ||    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) ||    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) ||    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)

Not applicable
Author

Dear Ishaq,

I'm in contact with qlik support team. They have found the bug and they are going to publish a new service release in next days. 

Best regards,

Andrea Succi

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi everyone!

I got this same issue on several documents after an upgrade from 11.20 SR5 to 12.10 SR3. I tried all I could think of but as soon as I had loop and reduce activated, i got this error. If i run the same on the old server (11.20 SR5), it works.

This morning i did the same test with another app on our own testenviroment (running 12.12 SR3) and i could not reproduce the problem.

Either something in some apps makes this happen or something else on the system is causing the problem.

If someone know of a good way to reproduce the error, please let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Gustav,

We are waiting for version 12.20 SR4 from Qlik. Suapport says it will be released in few days.

Br,

Andrea

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Update!

I actually found the reason for our problem. We had one tiiiiny synthetic-key. If i just removed it everything worked as expected. It worked fine in QV 11.20, but it doesnt work in QV 12.10.

So maybe you guys can check your apps and see if you have any synthetic-keys. And if you have, remove them and see if it works better

Not applicable
Author

The problem was just the syntetic keys. In any case, with SR4 (released two days ago), the problem is completely solved.

Best regards.