Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error:  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Error:  at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

Please some one help me..

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am having the same issue, I am thinking it might be because I have a SAN replication between two drives and when the replication is occuring, the QlikView process can't access the file, which gives this error.  Not sure if this is right, but I am investigating. 

have you tried rasing this with QlikView support?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

A couple things to check:

1. In Task Manager on the server, show processes from all users and make sure there are no instances of QV.exe running. If an application is opened in QV Desktop, then it can't be saved when a reload is finished.
  2. Make sure that the Publisher account has NTFS write access to the application. To be 100% sure everything is configured right, you can login to Windows as the Publisher account and just try saving the application in QV Desktop.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

A way to test if the file is indeed locked by a hung process, go to the source file and try renaming it to something like "Example.qvw" and if it allows it, then its not locked by QVB.exe, but being scanned at the time it is saving.

Adding to Vlad's comment, also make sure the QVB.exe processes have all stoppe as well.  Note that if you kill those and its a QVB.exe from another job that is running, it will kill that job in publisher. 

I had this issue a while back and it ended up being McAfee was locking the file because it was scanning it.  Make sure McAfee has exceptions on your shared folders as well as the extensions (.qvw, .qvd, .pgo, etc).

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

Can you please tell other than the three extensions you mentioned what can be a possibility of getting encountered while antivirus is running? The tasks are randomly failing.

Thanks & Regards,

Gargi

Not applicable
Author

.log, .meta, and .shared.  Log is the big one that can cause it.  If you are logging any task details and mcafee locks it for use, it claims failure from being unable to write the log.

Let me know if that helped you.

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Thanx for the quick reply Scott, lemme try, ya surely will let u knw.

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

After a long to-fro mail with IT , will test today by disabling Anti-virus scan , I wish it works.

Regards,

Gargi

Not applicable
Author

Good deal.  You could just set exclusions of all file types of LOG, QVW, QVD, META, PGO and see if that works instead of disabling the entire virus scan.

Good luck!

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Thanx Scott for your continuous support,but I m again troubling U !

In log files I didnt get that particular error till now aftre diabling the Anti-Virus scan, but the task ended up with another like :

Could not print report. ErrorCode=TIME_OUT_ERROR

Can you tell what may be the reason?

Sending the log,

PFA,

Regards,

Gargi